Achieving sustainability objectives in frontier markets is complex.
We help you deliver.
Frontier markets offer growth opportunities and cost-effective supply chains, but they are complex. Challenging environments can prevent firms from scaling corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, executing cause campaigns, or achieving a social license to operate. Resonance has the creative vision to tackle your sustainability challenges and the local knowledge to get things done.
You know how to create your sustainability vision, but bringing it to life in frontier markets can present a serious challenge. On-the-ground realities can end up costing companies time, money, and reputational risks. CSR programs or cause campaigns can backfire if not thoroughly vetted against local realities. Significant outcomes may be difficult to realize without a detailed regional strategy. And initiatives may be difficult to scale without strategic partners or access to development funding.
At Resonance, we can help you execute strategies and tactics to de-risk your activities and help you realize your sustainability goals in frontier markets.
- Design executable strategies and tactics (cause campaigns, CSR programs, etc.)
- Align corporate strategies with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and other global platforms
- Build strategic partnerships (NGOs, companies, and development organizations)
- Leverage foreign aid
- Provide project and grants management support
- Develop impact model and metrics
- Prepare Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Reports
De-Risking Supply Chains
In almost every sector, supply chains are increasingly scrutinized by end customers. This consumer pressure can lead to volatility and risk for multinational corporations sourcing inputs directly and indirectly from frontier markets.
With unparalleled field-based knowledge spanning both the private and public sectors, Resonance assists clients in building strategic alliances and gaining access to development funding. Companies such as Ferrero, Walmart, Super Selectos, and Thai Union have turned to us for help with supply chain improvement initiatives.
- Develop and scale business models to strengthen supply chains
- Increase supply chain transparency through low-cost traceability solutions
- Design and deliver training programs to build capacity of suppliers and staff
- Build multi-stakeholder initiatives to drive cross-industry improvements
Setting up operations in frontier markets can lead to challenging dynamics with local communities. Misinformation or misaligned interests can lead to assets laying idle, significant time delays, and unexpected costs. At Resonance, we connect companies with local stakeholders to achieve social license to operate – reducing risk and improving operational performance.
Google, Highland Gold, and AuRico are some of the companies we have helped to meet their growth objectives on time and on budget. Our services include:
- Social Impact Assessments (SIA)
- Social investment strategies
- Grievance mechanisms
- Community engagement, staff training, and capacity building
Getting Ready for Globalization 3.0
Integrating Enterprise Risk and Sustainability by Steve Schmida, Co-Founder and Chief Innovation Officer We are…
Market Creation for Improved Cook Stoves in Ghana
Over 30,000 women along Ghana’s coast are fish processors who smoke and sell fish caught…
An Insurance Product for Rural Farmers
Resonance partnered with Jubilee Insurance to develop an affordable and accessible crop insurance product enabling…